This would in no way solve the problem, as applying Strong would merely
apply strong to the entire document until the underlying problem (styles
updating automatically) is dealt with.

"Word Heretic" wrote in message
G'day "Arthur McPhee" Arthur ,

Create styles for each instance of differently appearing text and
apply those styles to the relevant paragraphs. Bold is a character
style called Strong, you can redirect Ctrl+B to apply that style.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

"Arthur McPhee" Arthur
reckoned:

why does the whole page go to bold when I select Bold for the title, this
also happens if I want to change a font size.

I have just installed Office 2003 onto my Laptop, my desktop works fine.