Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Determine Data Source

Running a macro containing the following command when the mail merge main
document is the active document will display a message box containing the
path\name of the data source.

MsgBox ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.Name

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"David" wrote in message
Hi, y'all.

We have a set of Word Merge files that make use of data from a variety of
different Access databases with identical data structures and queries.

When I click the 'Open Data Source' command button on the Mail Merge
toolbar
it will allow me to select any Access database I want to relink to, but is
there any way to determine which Access database the Word document is
currently linked to before I change it?

Thanks in advance!

David