Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David

Default Determine Data Source

Kewl! That helps a lot, too. This solution has the advantage that I don't
have to put a macro into the document and have to deal with macro security on
user's machines.

Thanks!

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RGF2aWQ=?=,

2003

For this version, if I just want to check, I

- go to Help/About Microsoft Word, then click System Info
- From the tree structure at the left of this dialog box
- Applications/Office 2003 Applications/Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Select "Mail merge"
- all kinds of interesting things appear in the list on the right, including
full information about the data source

We have a set of Word Merge files that make use of data from a variety of
different Access databases with identical data structures and queries.

When I click the 'Open Data Source' command button on the Mail Merge toolbar
it will allow me to select any Access database I want to relink to, but is
there any way to determine which Access database the Word document is
currently linked to before I change it?

Which version of Word are you using?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)