Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Default In doc with replaceable keywords, following punctuation misbehaves

Hi Lisa,

I don't have an answer for the comment behaviour, but I can suggest an alternative approach:
At each location where you want the user to input something, insert a dummy MACROBUTTON field. You can create one of these by:
.. pressing Ctrl-F9 to create an empty pair of field braces (i.e. '{ }')
.. typing 'MACROBUTTON NoMacro Prompt Text' between the field braces, so that you end up with '{MACROBUTTON NoMacro Prompt Text}' -
replace 'Prompt Text' with your preferred prompt.
.. pressing F9 to update the field, which will now display 'Prompt Text'.
As soon as the user selects the field and starts typing, it'll be deleted.

A more secure way to do all this might be to use a document with protected formfields for inputting data, but that also limits your
access to some formatting options etc.

Cheers

--
macropod