Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Widow control not working

The Widow control would prevent the word "Conditions" from appearing at the
top of a page by itself by moving the preceding line of text to that page.
It does not prevent a word from appearing on a line by itself at the end of
a paragraph except at the top of the page. Similarly, it prevents the first
line of a (multiline) paragraph from appearing at the bottom of a page by
itself and will move it to the top of the following page.

--
Hope this helps

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid, professional basis.

"Medser" wrote in message
Hi there,

I'm using Word 2003 & I have widows appearing throughout my document, even
though widow/orphan control is checked for all styles.
e.g. I have a long sentence which spans 4 lines of text, the last line
being:
Conditions.

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Mel