View Single Post
  #6   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default Track Changes in word 2007

whoops, sorry, this was not my post.

"LisaK" wrote:

This isn't about Styles, it's about Track Changes. Thanks.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi SheebaChacko,

I seem to recall that one of the other folks here had posted a solution (macro method perhaps)to add/retain the bars and will do so
again.

I have seen various methods used where the styles in the documents were duplicated, with a 2nd style being based on the first but
with either a paragraph border added on just the right or left side (vertical line effect) or that a bar tab was added at the right
or left margin).
For example, if your usual text paragraph style was 'MyParagraphStyle1' the replacement style would be named MyParagraphStyle1-Bar'
and either with a macro or with the Replace menu (Alt, H) you could replace occurences of one style with another based on if the
section had changes or not.

It would be nice if that as a feature added in the 'Compare documents' feature. Word 2007's feature for that in the review tab has
a lot of new choices you can make, but showing a changes bar for the result document doesn't appear to be one of them. You can
choose to show only the revision bars and save as PDF if you don't need recipients to be able to reedit the document.

=================
"SheebaChacko" wrote in message
How can i keep the Change Bars to stay while accepting
all changes. i want the next person who has to review the document to see
where the changes were made but not what change has been made.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*