Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doctor Ed

Default Automated templates in Word

As a long time WordPerfect user, I have built many great business templates
that are automated using WP's "Build Prompts" tool. With my company pushing
for a change to Word, I am struggling to find this same functionality. Can
someone out there direct me? I want to build templates that automatically
prompt the user for basic information (client name, report date, etc.)
whenever a new document is created using the template.

Can Word do this cleanly and simply like WP does? If so, how?

Thanks for any help you can provide.