Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Foreign accents

There are indeed numerous ways, including built-in keyboard shortcuts just
for Word; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InsertSpecChars.htm.
Different strokes for different folks. I believe the Alt+00x and Alt+000x
shortcuts work only for ASCII character numbers; for Unicode numbers, you
have to use Alt+X or another shortcut.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bernie Marquardt" wrote in
message ...

Hi there. I am always amazed at the ways of making accents in text. I
type in several languages and over the years I got used to using for
instance alt+130 (on the numeric keyboard) to render an é, or alt+164
to render a ñ. Now if I invoke the function in Microsoft Word to insert
a symbol, it has other numbers to do the same thing, like alt+0233 for
the é and alt+0241 for the ñ. (Notice the added 0). Both systems work.
And I a believe in Word 2007, there are even additional methods to do
this. Why isn't there a standard way? Will the old method (the one I am
used to) be phased out?

--
Bernie Marquardt