Stefan Blom

No, a blank page inserted by an Odd Page or Even Page section break
will have no header and footer. If you do want headers and footers,
you'll have to look into the article Jay Freedman pointed you to.

--
Stefan Blom

"Pierre" wrote in message
Thanks. By blank page, you meant with a running header and footer

like the
rest of the document...right?

A blank page in this case is fine but not without running header and

footer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you don't want an Odd Page section start, then change it to New

Page. If
you do want Odd Page (or have given the page an odd number), then

the blank
page is normal and necessary.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Pierre" wrote in message
I tried to find the solution in the archives but I couldn't find

it.
Apologies if it's already covered.

I have a document with multiple sections.
I have running headers and footers that work fine

I specifed Different ODD and EVEN for each section (except for

the front
matter section). The proble is that I end up with a blank EVEN

page
preceding
new sections WHEN there is no text on that even page. The only

workaround
found is to insert a page break at the end of the text preceding

a new
section when the text from the previous section does not spill

into the
next
even page.

Is there a better way to fix this? I want to create a template

with this
document.

Thank you