Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Style used in table inherits an indent -- from what?

It now sounds like the indent is in the table style. If you have
customizations you want to keep, you'll have to modify the style: Click
format button in the table modify style dialog paragraph and adjust the
indents to 0.

Otherwise, delete Table Grid. Word will delete the style from the document
(that is it will no longer be in use) and return the style to its "factory"
settings. Another option in W2003 is to apply the Table Normal style and in
W2007 to clear the table style, which applies Table Normal.

Pam

christophercbrewster wrote:
I need to amend my second posting. A table created by Table Insert does
have the built-in indent. What I did worked when I imported the text from the
first table. Those were the paragraphs from which I had removed the indent.
When pasted into the new table, they didn't get the indent back, but starting
fresh in the new table still gives me the indent, so my question remains.