Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default URGENT: Break link to another document when editing

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:44:00 -0800, brianqman2
wrote:

I have a word document which links to another document and pulls data into it
(using the includetext command). This works fine however the problem is that
when I edit the info and go to print (print preview) it reverts to the linked
data and doesn't retain the edited info.

Surely there is someway to break this link when editing?
Thanks in advance and look forward to a fast response.

Click somewhere in the included text and press Ctrl+Shift+F9, the Unlink
command. That will change it into plain text with no link back to the original.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman