Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default True parallel columns in Word

For this purpose we mostly recommend a two-column (borderless) table,
breaking to a new row for each paragraph.

"Flavelle Ballem" wrote in message
I finally have to produce a document that uses parallel columns in Word -

one
side in English, the second side in French. In reading how to do this, the
only option appears to be through the use of linked Text Boxes, which is a
particularly ugly solution.

A far more elegant (and simple) solution would be allow the definition of
two (or more columns) that don't snake like a newspaper, but instead will

go
to the next page automatically. If I need to enter text in the second

column,
then I can move to the column (mouse click or keystroke) and start typing
away.

This surely cannot be this hard.

Regards,

Flavelle