snidely

To save a slot ---

Thanks to both of you. I will try both suggestions and see which one
works the best for our application.

...mike

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:19:02 -0800, "snidely"
wrote:

I want to create a form where there is a line with fields as follows:

Amount Fixed Text Date

I want the "amount" field justified left. (This field is linked to other
fields in the doc.)
I want the "Fixed Text" to be centered no matter whether the Amount field is
5 digits or 8 digits.
I want the 'Date" field to be justified right and not be changed or pushed
to the next line if the Amount field is 8 digits rather than 5. This is also
linked to other fields in the doc.

Thanks.

,,,mike

Hi Mike,

In the paragraph that contains that line, set a centered tab stop at
the center of the text area, and set a right-aligned tab stop at the
right margin. Type a tab character between the amount and the fixed
text, and another tab character between the fixed text and the date.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ettingTabs.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,