Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Exporting a macro from one PC to another - advice appreciated

1. In a new Blank Document (based on Normal.dot), open Tools | Macro |
Macros. If your utility is a macro (which it almost certainly is), you can
probably find it in the list there. Most likely the name of the macro will
be the same as the listing on the Tools menu.

2. Once you have established that it is a macro, click on Organizer... in
the Macros dialog. If, as is likely, the macro is saved in Normal.dot,
you'll see it listed on the right.

3. Select it and click the Copy button to copy it into your document. Save
the document.

4. Copy the document to a flash drive (or other removable media) and, from
there, copy it to the HD of your new PC.

5. Open the document in Word on the new PC, open the Organizer, and copy the
macro into Normal.dot.

6. Close the Organizer and go to Tools | Customize | Commands.

7. Select Macros in the Categories list.

8. In the Macros list, find and select your macro and drag it to the Tools
menu.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
I'm using Word 2000 and some years ago I had a programmer write me a
custom-designed utility (I've called it a macro in the subject heading,
but I'm not well up on these things and I suppose it might well not be).
I installed it using his instructions (long since lost, alas), and it's
called into operation from the Tools menu.

I'd like to install it again on a new PC, but haven't the faintest idea
how to go about it. Any advice (or a pointer in the right direction for
advice) would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Bert