Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Exporting a macro from one PC to another - advice appreciated

The organizer has two windows - one by default shows the content of the
normal template - the other the active document.
If the macros are not in the normal template (and notice that the dialog
displays only the modules that contain the macros and not the individual
macros) then close the normal template from the organizer dialog and open
the template that contains them instead.
Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm will help.

If the macro was supplied in a template then simply copy that template from
the startup folder of your old PC to the startup folder of the new one. You
can find the default location of the startup folder by typing (or copying)
%appdata%\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP to the address bar of Windows Explorer or
your browser.

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Suzanne,

You skipped the step where you click Organizer.... (in the Macros
dialog). The Copy button is in the Organizer.

Oh, what a fool. Sorry about that.

However, I do still have a problem. The macros are evidently not stored
in Normal.dot, and so don't show up when I enter the Organizer. They're
listed as being in "All active templates and documents". The drop-down
box in Organizer shows only Normal.dot.

I tried loading a document which works with the macros, but they're still
not listed in Organizer.

I suspect that I'm missing something very simple here - but what is it
likely to be?

Many thanks again for yor help.

Bert