Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
G.G. Biggar, Jr. G.G. Biggar, Jr. is offline

Default File Minimization and Word

SSB --

I tried the Auto Hide route (i.e., on-off), but it does not seem to reverse
the situation. 'Tis very frustrating. It's as if all the minimizations
are routed directly to the toolbar on the desktop, bypassing the toolbar at
the bottom of the program screen.

I'll keep searching!

Gordon Biggar

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It sounds as if you have the Taskbar set to auto hide and it's not popping
up when you mouse over the bottom of the screen. I experience this

behavior
routinely when I use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. It is very
infuriating. Usually the desired behavior will return after I've closed
MOPM, but if it doesn't you can turn auto hide off and then back on.

so
all may benefit.

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
I posted a similar message on the Windows 2000 board, but I have not
received any responses. The problem is this: of late, when I minimize a
file in Outlook Express, Excel, or Word, I can only retrieve/expand this
file by minimizing the program (e.g., O.E., Word, etc.), which brings me

the desktop where I then can expand the file from the desktop toolbar at

the
bottom of the screen.

Of course, in Word one can go to the Windows tab where a drop-down menu

will
tell you what Word files are open. For some reason, I also think that

these
non-active files also appeared at the bottom of the screen, but don't

hold
me to this.

This is not exclusively a Word problem, but I am hoping that there is
someone out there who can describe this problem for me, and provide a
remedy.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas