Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default File Minimization and Word

Not. When you minimise a document, it minimises to the Task Bar. If you have
several documents open and minimise them to the Taskbar, you can only
Restore/Maximise them from the Taskbar unlike other applications that
minimise open documents into the bottom of their own Window (such as
Photoshop). If you still have a document open, you can use the Windows menu
in Word to select one of the minimized documents too.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
It's my loose terminology.... If I have three Word programs running
simultaneously, I can use the Windows tab in Word to bring up one of the
other two minimized programs. Or, I have to minimize Word (to take me
back
to the desktop) in order to view the two "buttons" on the taskbar
(Startup?
Windows?) at the bottom of the screen. Does this make more sense?

Although I don't normally run more than two Word programs at one time, it
seems that the "button" for the minimized program could always be accessed
from within Word itself. Perhaps not?

GGB

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't understand what you mean by "the toolbar at the bottom of the
program screen." Word documents appear as separate buttons on the Windows
Taskbar, and they are listed on the Window menu in Word, but I'm not
aware
of anywhere else that they can be selected.

so
all may benefit.

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
SSB --

I tried the Auto Hide route (i.e., on-off), but it does not seem to

reverse
the situation. 'Tis very frustrating. It's as if all the

minimizations
are routed directly to the toolbar on the desktop, bypassing the
toolbar

at
the bottom of the program screen.

I'll keep searching!

Gordon Biggar

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It sounds as if you have the Taskbar set to auto hide and it's not

popping
up when you mouse over the bottom of the screen. I experience this
behavior
routinely when I use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. It is very

infuriating. Usually the desired behavior will return after I've

closed
MOPM, but if it doesn't you can turn auto hide off and then back on.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
I posted a similar message on the Windows 2000 board, but I have
not
received any responses. The problem is this: of late, when I

minimize
file in Outlook Express, Excel, or Word, I can only retrieve/expand

this
file by minimizing the program (e.g., O.E., Word, etc.), which

brings
me
the desktop where I then can expand the file from the desktop

toolbar
at
the
bottom of the screen.

Of course, in Word one can go to the Windows tab where a drop-down

menu
will
tell you what Word files are open. For some reason, I also think

that
these
non-active files also appeared at the bottom of the screen, but

don't
hold
me to this.

This is not exclusively a Word problem, but I am hoping that there

is
someone out there who can describe this problem for me, and provide

remedy.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas