Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Text Marked with "Do not check ....."Spell Check

When you did the Tools/Language/Set Language and set the language, you did
also clear the box below the scroll list to deactivate this function of "Do
not check..."?
The text must be selected, ie Select All, for this to work.

Yes it is true that pasting text from other document can inadvertantly apply
this setting to the new text but also this setting can be applied to a Style,
so applying such a style to your new text will cause this mention after a
spell check to occur.

You can do a Find for this setting (under the More button, Language) so you
can identify exactly where this setting is within your document. If this
indicates that a particular Style is the culprit, modify this Style and take
off this feature.

Hope thss helps
DeanH

"Dave" wrote:

Posted this on Word/Spelling.Grammar but got no response - would appreciate
any help

My spell check message gremlin has returned. After spell checking, I get a
final message "The spelling and grammar check is complete. Text marked with
"Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped.

I have fought this demon before, but it has come back. As I recall, the
maneuver was to go to Tools/Language/Set Language and select (in my case)
English. I have done this both with all text selected (Control A) and
without. No luck.

I see a related thread on the Word/Spelling.Grammar list, however that
discussion seems to be
about pasted text. Mine is all typed original (although I have edited it a
lot.)
What to do?
Thx
Dave