Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PBManon PBManon is offline

Default How do I allow editing in a header in a protected form/documen

Oh Yea!! Tahnks Doug. That is perfect.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You may need to use PrintPreview to get the cross-reference to update.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"PBManon" wrote in message
I was soooo excited about your solution I tried it first. I must be doing
something wrong as it is not populating on exit. Will plug on though.
Thanks
for trying!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If by any chance the information that would be entered into the header
was
also being entered into a form field in the first section, you could use
cross reference field in the header to the text of the bookmark assigned
that form field and check the Calculate on Exit box for that formfield.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"PBManon" wrote in message
I'd like the users to be able to type information into the header on
the
second page (such that the header ibnfo carrries forward). The page 2
header
is in its very own section already. Each time I apply protection to the
document (and exclude that section from protection) the header remnains
locked. I'm making an inspection form where the info on page one is
formatted
differently from the info on the supplimental pages. Is there another
way
do this if I cannot allow protected header entering?