Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

Default Adding Macros to Toolbar

Another option is to add the path and filename to your template, so it
will be there automatically.

On Sep 24, 4:22*am, jokelly27
wrote:
I have managed to create a footer for the insertion of filename and path
in Word 2007 documents. This appears in the Footer Gallery and works
well on any saved document if I go to Insert, Footer and then scroll
down to select my footer. This is a bit tedious so I have been trying
to record a macro for this and put it on the Quick Access Toolbar. The
macro records without problem and I assign it to a button on the qat as
instructed. However, when I try to run it on any document I get a
runtime error 5941 notifying 'the requested member of the collection
does not exist'. I am stumped over this and wonder if anyone else has
tried this. I have other macros which I used to use with Word 2000 and
will recreate these, but I do need a one button access for them, not a
hunt through menus.

--
jokelly27