Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default e-mailing word documents with access data

You don't say how you're importing the data. Are you using mail merge? If
so, if you merge to a new document, that document will contain the actual
data, not a link to it that depends upon the recipient having access to the
same data source.

Or, if we're not talking about a merge, if the resulting data is displayed
in a field, you can convert the field into hard text by selecting the field
and pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Carol S K" wrote in message
I use Office 2007 and import data into various documents. If I send one of
those documents by e-mail after having imported the particular data I
want,
the recipient cannot see that data but an error message about the fields.
need to be able to somehow lock the data and then send the document. How
do
I do this? Thanks