WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Removing Text boxes without deleting text

  1. Select the text box by clicking on it.
  2. Right-click on the selected text box and choose "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the Format Shape pane, click on the "Text Options" tab.
  4. Under "Text Box", uncheck the "Wrap text in shape" option.
  5. Click "Close" to exit the Format Shape pane.
  6. The text box will now be removed, and the text within it will remain in the document.

If you have multiple text boxes that you want to remove, you can use the "Select Objects" tool to select them all at once. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "Select Objects" tool in the "Home" tab of the ribbon.
  2. Click and drag your mouse to draw a box around all the text boxes you want to select.
  3. Once all the text boxes are selected, right-click on one of them and choose "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu.
  4. Follow steps 3-5 above to remove the text boxes without deleting the text within them.