Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kentt kentt is offline

Default Faint graphic on odd pages of book fold doc

I have a 360 page book that uses the book fold option. In order to get it to
print properly I use .doc format from word 2007. When I print (either on my
HP or on a large Panasonic), odd pages get a faint bar about 1.5" wide by
1/16" high starting at the left edge, not the left margin.

This bar does not show up when displaying on the screen in print, draft or
web view so it doesn't seem to be a watermark. The bar does not show up when
I save the file as a PDF and view it.

Even though I have the bar in every section, near the end of the book there
are three odd pages with no bar.