Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Monika Bjurman Monika Bjurman is offline

Default Enter inside table moves the table

This table is only for layout resons in a document that will only have one
row (and one heading) so the problems that you and Suzanne are talking about
will not accur but it's good to know until next time.

Thanks
//Monika

"Marianne Thastrup" wrote:

Hi Monika
You might experience problems when using heading styles in tables. A heading
style has a built in 'keep with next', and you will find that this will make
the row stick together with the following row. If that row also has a heading
style, Word will keep pushing them onto the next page if you have not ticked
the box 'allow row to break across pages'.
You can remove 'keep with next' in FormatParagraphLines and page breaks.
However, I prefer to create special table heading styles without the 'keep
with next' feature.

Best regards
Marianne Thastrup

"Monika Bjurman" skrev:

Hi! This problably has a very simple explanation but I can't find it myself.
I have a two column table. The left column starts with a single paragraph
thats formatet with Heading 1. I want to be able to move the whole paragraph
downwards with Enter but if i do that at the absolute top of the table, the
marker moves outside of the table instead of making a new line break. How do
I prevent this form happening?

I use Word 2003.

mvh
//Monika