Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Susan Susan is offline

Default abby 5.0

Abbyy 5.0 is a document reading utility used by my office installation, and
came with the office installed on my computer. Deleting this was the only
change I made to my system, and then when I tried to open a new document in
office, I was (and still am) unable to. I get the windows installer box,
followed by the message to install my disk, (the re-installation disk for
Office Basic Edition 2003 is the only one I have) which I have done (many
times) and each time I then get an error message saying I need to install
basic11n.msi, which I don't have. I'm a 'newbie' in case you haven't
noticed. Got this computer 4 yrs ago and still learning. I've searched
everywhere I can think of, and can't find a new abbyy 5.0. Even e-mailed the
company, and they sent a link to down to download 6.0 because they don't
support 5.0 anymore, but it still doesn't work. Anyone have any suggestions?