Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Berto

Default How do I insert "buttons" that I can "X" on a form?

Annie ...

Thanks for the prompt reply. My problem is that I want to send the form to
users who would fill in and "x" in the appropriate responses and the return
the form to me via E-mail. Is that possible in MS Word?

"Annie" wrote:

Hello Berto,
All you need is the Forms toolbar.

Choose View from the menu.
Choose Toolbars.
Choose Forms.
Click where the first form field (name could be a field for example) should
appear.
Add the appropriate type of form field by clicking an icon on the toolbar.
Continue to type, click appropriate icon(s) as needed.
Before you make a form available to others, protect it by clicking the
Protect Form icon.

Basic Guide to the Forms Toolbar- from left to right on toolbar:

Text Form Field: To insert a text box where users can enter their responses
(such as name), click the Text Form Field on the Forms toolbar.
Check Box: To insert check boxes that list choices, such as Yes and No,
click where the box should appear, then click the Check Box Form Field icon.
Drop-Down Form Field: Use this to create a list of choices. Right-click
after clicking this icon, and choose Properties. You will have to type and
Add your choices to this menu, choosing OK when done.
Form Field Shading: Toggles the gray box indicating a field on and off.
Form Field Options: Click inside any form field, then click this icon to see
options available.
Protect Form: Toggle to turn protection on with one click, and off with
another click if you need to make changes.

Cheers,
Annie

"Berto" wrote:

I have a form which requires that users "X" in boxes that are placed by
certain options. How can I effect the creation of boxes that are like
"buttons" ? Also, how can I create information fields and create a form in MS
Word ?