Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Automating MailMerge via C# problems

If the data source is SQL Server, the "rogue fields" have Unicode data
types, you are using Word 2002 or later, and you're using OpenDataSource,
then the chances are that
a. when you connect manually, you are using OLE DB
b. when you connect via c#, you are inadvertently using ODBC

That's 4 "if"s - if you can post the strings you are passing to
OpenDataSource for the name, connection and sqlstatement parameters it might
be a bit easier to consider what might be going wrong. Also useful to know
which version of Word and what the data source is.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi All,
I was wondering if you could help me out. I am calling mailmerge through a
sql call in c#; however, some of the fields do not display when the
document
is displayed. Any suggestion on what I should be looking at.... I used the
same query while manually creating a mail merge and that
worked...therefore,
I concluded that it couldnt be on the db end....

thanks