Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Word software

I thought Works 7 would save a document in Word format (actually RTF which
Word can read)?

Dave Goodwin wrote:
Have a PC with Works 7 installed. Need a word processor to be able to
communicate with businesses who use Word. Have tried WordPerfect 10
and they cannot open my docs.. What is out there for a word
processing application--Microsoft or otherwise-that will allow me to
send docs. to businesses that apparently have Office word processing?
I need only word processing for a home PC that can communicate with
Word in Office, in a business.
Dave Goodwin