Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mary J[_2_] Mary J[_2_] is offline

Default will not recognise outlook contact list in mail merge procedur

Did you ever receive a response to this? I am able to merge in Outlook but i
am very concerned something is wrong with Word 2007 given it bombs out
whenever i try to merge directly from Word like i have been for YEARS. This
is so frustrating. Is it that you CAN'T merge from Word in Vista/Word 2007
now? If that's the case please someone say so. It used to be so easy.

"Surreycrow" wrote:

I am most grateful for your help which does indeed allow me to complete my
mail merge using outlook contact lists by doing the mail merge from outlook;
thank you. I am however concerned that a change as occured in Word that
prevents me from using outlook contacts when doing a mail merge from Word
itself. I suspect it changed when the automatic update for office sp2 was
installed. I would like to be able to use the feature as before and I am
concerned other things may also have changed.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Surreycrow wrote:
I have used the mail merge feature in word successfully on a number of
occasions in the past. I have normally used my contact list from
outlook. When I try to use it now, instead of it showing the list of
contacts for me to choose my recipients, a popup window appears
entitled 'data link properties' inviting me to select or enter an
Access database name. This never happened in the past and I am at a
loss to know what has caused the problem or how to correct it. I am
using Windows XP Home Edition with service pack two and Microsoft
Office Professional.