CyberTaz

Hi Neil-

I believe you'll need scanning software that provides the capbility of
scanning as Table or Forms, so that the layout of text is retained.

BTW, OCR is not always 100% accurate depending on numerous variables. There
may be some proofing control in your software, but spell check and
proofreading are just about unavoidable.

"Woodstock" wrote:

Do you have to have other software to do this, or does Word provide this? I
need to bring an 8 page document to the printers and since they have
different versions of Word, it turns my 8 pages to 9 pages. Therefore, I must
bring it to them, or email it them,in PDF format so that there are no changes
in formatting and so that my document will be printed just as I formatted it.

"Neil1906" wrote:

How do I scan a document into word 2003 and keep its original layout and
still be able to edit parts of the text. I find by using optical recognition
the page layout is changed and also words get changed

Any help would be apreciated