Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Automatic resizing of text boxes only works with Times New Roman

Hi ?B?Qm9zdG9uRG9jdW1lbnRhdGlvbg==?=,

I can't reproduce the problem on my installation. The text box resizes as I'd
expect no matter which font I apply (I tried five different ones, including
Arial Black). Of course, I do have to be sure there isn't an "empty" paragraph
at the end of the text...

Assuming you've checked for stray paragraph marks... Does the problem persist
when you print out such a page? If the print out looks OK, then it might be a
graphics card driver issue.

I am working on a document with multiple callouts on images. I am putting
each numeric (1,2,3,4, etc.) callouts in text box, and using the style
"Callout" on the text, which is Arial Black, single space, no points
above/below.

If I set the text boxes to "Resize autoshape to fix text" the boxes increase
in height, almost as if to accommodate the next line of text. However, there
is no "next line of text."

If I change the font to Times New Roman - even if I keep the style the same
- the text boxes resize as they should, to just show the actual text that
has been inserted in the text boxes.

I have tried a number of different fonts, and have found this perplexing
problem to exist in all of them.

Any ideas as to why my automatically resizing text boxes resize incorrectly?
I am using Word 2003.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org