Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default formatting the first word in a line copies the format to myentire

Take a look at the info he

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tedcontent.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/5/06 1:38 PM, in article
, "Crystal"
wrote:

For example, I type:

row row row
your boat
gently down the stream

I put my cursor on the second line in front of "your" and click on "bullets
and numbering" and I get:

1. row row row
2. your boat
3. gently down the stream

instead of what I want:

row row row
1. your boat
gently down the stream

I can select "undo" and the "automatic numbering" goes away, and leaves me
with what I originally wanted (with only the second line numbered as seen
immediatly above). However, I'm sick and tired of always having to press
"undo." This "automatic" formatting applies to my entire document no matter
what kind of formatting I apply to the first word; be it bold, italics, etc.
I'm sure I have some sort of setting screwed up on my computer but I can't
for the life of me figure out what it is. Please help!