Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
A Noblitt A Noblitt is offline

Default How do I print names and addresses on a preprinted postcard?

Graham,

Thank you. My formatting seems to be okay left-to-right. It is the
distance from the top that is causing me problems. I had thought that I
could fix it with a Format-Paragraph command or something in page setup, but
it doesn't seem to be working. On my screen, I can see four postcards that
are correct in every other way.

Thanks again for your help. Sorry to be a bother.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Text in a table is subject to the same formatting commands as any other
text. By means of a combination of cell alignment and paragraph formatting
you can place the text anywhere in the cell. Start with the cell alignment
to 'Top' use spacing before the first paragraph around 2" and if you want it
on the right set a tab stop.

A Noblitt wrote:
Thank you Graham. That was a wonderful write-up that you had, and it
cleared up a lot of my mail merge questions.

I wasn't able to make this work with letters (due to page size), so
chose the label route, and found a postcard in that menu that matches
the size that I have. Everything is working except that I can't get
the name and address to print in the lower right quarter of the
postcard. MS Word wants to print it near the top or middle right,
and nothing that I do seems to correct that. Any suggestions?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If they are individual postcards this is a straightforward letter
merge. If they are microperforated cards 3 or 4 to a sheet then it
would be a label merge. For either -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should help.

A Noblitt wrote:
I have a file that originated in MS Excel with names and addresses.
I want to send each of them a preprinted 4.25" x 5.5" postcard, and
have the printer print the address on each postcard. Using the mail
merge function of MS Word doesn't seem to be working and is just
frustrating me. Any ideas on steps to take to get this working
right?