Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Combining diacritical characters - windows word

You may find this page on Suzanne Barnhill's site to be helpful:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Macropod,

Thank you.

1. I tried your suggestion, however, it doesn't look right in the
screen. Instead of appearing over AB, the ^ prints right on AB.

2. Also is it possible to combine multiple unicode characters; for
example combine solid-circle with ^. Simple examples like "A U+030d
Alt+x" works fine in microsoft word; I am wondering if it is possible
to combine multiple unicode characters in microsoft word; for example,
a hat over solid circle: "U+25CF U+005E Alt+x".

3. And while some of the simple unicode characters works fine, for few
of the combinations I see an empty box (like an invalid character or
something). I think I don't have the complete unicode font. Can
someone suggest where do I get the recent fonts for windows word (xp)?

Thanks very much.

Madhu.

On Mar 26, 9:33 pm, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Madhu,

You could use a field coded as as { EQ \o (^,AB)}. To achieve the desired
result, subscript the 'AB'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in
ooglegroups.com...
Hi:

Is it possible to put a common hat over two characters, something like
"(AB)^" without using equation editor?

Madhu.- Hide quoted text -