Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default background image

A watermark is simply a graphic (or Word Art object which is much the same
thing) inserted into the header of a document. There is a tool provided to
simplify the task, but you don't have to use it - but if you do uncheck the
'washout box' for a picture watermark or choose black instead of grey for a
text watermark.

Rick wrote:
Hi Suzanne,

Is it possible to add as a watermark but for it not to be faded?

Cheers

Rick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Backgrounds" are intended for Web pages. What you want is a
"watermark." Use Format | Background | Printed Watermark to insert
your image, and it will repeat on every page *and* print to PDF.

"Rick" wrote in message
The question is 2 fold if that is ok. Question 2 came out of trying
to solve
question 1.
Queestion1 - I am making a multi page document and I have put a
background image in Word2003. When the text flows onto the next
page the background image automatically appears also on the
subsequent pages. This is what I want
to happen. When I save it as a PDF though the background image
doesn't save.
I read somewhere to go to "page settings" and tick the print
background image
option. When I did this the background image shrunk and duplicated
multiple
times and the files size was massive. What am I doing wrong?

Queestion2. What I did then was insert the image I was using as the
background into the word doc so it was placed behind the text, so in
theory a
background image. But when the text overflows onto the next page
the image doesn't automatically appear there. Can I make? Can I set
it up as a template
or style so all the pages automatically have the same image attached
behind
the text?

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers