Alan4297

Default Large table eventually hangs Word

I use Word 2002 with Win XP, 11.8GB free space, 504MB RAM.

I have a Word file with a single table over 44 pages. (We need a single
table, because it's a "working table" that can be sorted by columns,
depending on what info is needed.)

This table eventually hangs Word. The CPU usage in Task Manager is 99%.

I tried exporting to an RTF file, then re-importing to a clean file.

We can't maintain the table in Excel, because many of the table cells
contain small tables.

I recall that scrolling speed in Word 6 reduced to almost zero in a file
containing either many tables, or one large table. But Word 6 never actually
hung.

Word does not hang even with many files open, as long as the maverick file
is not open.

Please advise.

Regards,
Alan