Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Auto-capitalizing the first word of a sentence/line

You need to right-click on any toolbar and select Customize. One of the
options is to SHOW FULL MENUs. The adaptive menu is one of the first items
to turn off after installation!

Terry

"Arnie" wrote in message
"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
This is under Tools, Options, AutoCorrect: just clear the check box for
Capitalise the first word of a new sentence. Alternatively, if you only
input like this occasionally, you can use the Undo command (Ctrl+Z) as
soon as it happens.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

Thanks TF. I'd say the UI isn't too well organized. Naturally, I looked
under Tools-Options. Tools-Autocorrect Options wasn't visible until the
collapsed menu expanded. Oh well, I learn something every day ;-)

- Arnie