Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
page number is inactive[_2_] page number is inactive[_2_] is offline

Default 2 figures cross reference

thank you Suzanne! "The brilliant way" was perfect!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Yes, those are the steps I'm using too. But, as I wrote, they didn't seem to
work at one instance. Unfortunately, I don't recall the exact circumstances.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
My experience with using the Bookmark dialog to find these bookmarks is that
you have to not only check the box for "Hidden bookmarks" but also select the
radio button for "Location" rather than "Name."

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
To be more specific: I have noticed, at least once, that the Bookmark dialog
box cannot be used to uniquely locate (the name of) the hidden bookmark at
the insertion point. I haven't made any thorough tests after I updated Office
to the most recent service pack, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Thanks for the heads-up, Stefan.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
"The brilliant way" is certainly... well, brilliant. :-)

I find that redefining the hidden bookmark ("the kludgy workaround") isn't
as reliable in Word 2007 as it used to be in earlier versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CombineXrefs.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"page number is inactive"
wrote in message
I want to refer to two figures, for example say "in Figures 1 and 2..."
when
I use cross-reference, there seems to be no way rather than writting "in
Figure 1 and Figure 2...."

I tried to delete second "Figure" manually, but when I update the field
it
comes back.

Any suggestions?

thank you