Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cpeiner cpeiner is offline

Default Delete text precending an empty/zeroed merge field?

Peter,

this is exactly what I was looking for. The Word helpfile was the first
place I looked but either I was unable to search for the correct words or the
Help function was being elusive. Eithe way, thanks for this!

Cheers!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you are just displaying numbers or blanks, you should be able to use the
numeric field switches (this stuff's in the Word Help file, or used to be)
to do this:

{ MERGEFIELD fieldname \#"p;n;z" }

where p is the format you want for positive values, n is the format for
negative values and z is the format for 0.