Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IPlawyertoo IPlawyertoo is offline

Default metadata tampering

Can anyone tell me if they know for sure whether or not metadata is
definitvely compromised if it shows the last print date predates a creation
date. One would think the answer is yes but i recently deposed a police
forensic moonlighting expert who explains away metadata in his report where
the last print date precedes the create date in the metadata explaining if
you print document 1 on day 1 and send it to another computer on day 5 and
rename the document or otherwise revise it but do not print it the last print
date of day 1 appears in the metadata of a new document showing a creation
date of day 5. The defendant and my client the plaintiff are at odds with a
court on possible perjury over who tampered with documents and I think the
metadata shows conclusive tampering but the defendant's expert says he
recreated this hypothetical which i could not nor could my IT person. Anyone
help me on this! it is very important to my client? thanks.
--
Jeff G.