Doug Robbins

If the start of the table is the first thing on the page, and you have that
page start as a result of a Next Page Section Break if it is not the first
page of the document and you place a Section Break after the table, you can
insert the (CONT) into a text box that is anchored to the Primary Header of
the section and have a different first page header. The (CONT) will then
only appear on the second and following pages of the table. A bit fiddly to
set up, but it can be done.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"paulpenta" wrote in message
Repeating headings in a table is a very useful tool....but.

My company, for reasons that defy logic, requires that the header for the
continued portion of a table contain the abbreviation "(CONT)" in the
header.
Editing the repeated header also edits the original one. Can I edit the
repeated ones without disturbing the first header in a series?

Thanks