Russell Farr

Default Mail merge - Word 2003/Access 2000

Thanks Peter

Your first suggestion around DDE connections has worked! All users are now
working.

Thanks for your help

Russell

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Issue 2 - why can't I view the database queries when trying to set up a
new
mail merge?

Several types of query are not visible in Word 2003, which uses a different
connection method (OLEDB) by default than Word 97/2000, which used DDE. Some
query types (e.g. parameter queries) can only be seen if you use DDE. You
may be able to make others visible without reverting to DDE but on the whole
the easiest way to get things going again is to check Word
Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversion at open", g through the connection
process again, and select the DDE option when it is offered. DDE will only
be usable if Access is installed on the user's machine.

Issue 1 - why is this not working for just one user?

I don't know, sorry. Are the user machines pretty much the same in every
respect (version of Windowss, MDAC, and so on)?

Peter Jamieson
"Russell Farr" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help, this is driving me mad!

I have two issues...

I have an Access 97 which I have converted to Access 2000 - we've all
recently upgraded to Access 2003 but still have a few 2000 users dotted
around.

Existing Mail Merge documents have been merging perfectly for the majority
of users, however there is one user in particular which, when opening the
merge document, gets the message 'Find Data Source'/'Options'. On trying
locate the data source and finding the database to link it to, it only
displays database tables, not the query which I want to run from, and
there
does not appear to be any option to view the queries within the database.

Issue 1 - why is this not working for just one user? I have checked
everything I can think of - they are opening the correct document, have
the
same access rights to the shared folder, and the drive is mapped to the
exact
same place using the same drive letter.

Issue 2 - why can't I view the database queries when trying to set up a
new
mail merge?

Thanks!

Russell