Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Are Table Styles still not worth using?

I'm not sure how well this works for documents that should be backward
compatible with Word 2003, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
The trick is *not* to modify the font of the Normal style; instead, change it
indirectly, by changing the document default font, which you can access in the
Manage Styles dialog box. To open the dialog, click the Manage Styles button
in the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hans" wrote in message
Shauna Kelly, on her very helpful site, describes why she avoids using Table
Styles (see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html). She
writes explicitly about Word 2002 and ends the piece by wondering if the
problems she described will be fixed by 2007.

I am struggling to create a table style without success (I cannot get the
font to override the Normal font). Can I conclude that 2007 works similarly
to 2002, in which case Microsoft has STILL not figured this out? How can I
get my table style to apply the font I want? I've SET it correctly in the
style definition, but it won't display...

Thanks...