Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Data Source Lost When Merge From Access to Word

I replied to your earlier question a couple of days ago but I guess you
didn't see the answer.

Which version of Word?

Are all the users using the same path to access the documents, or are some
of them using (say) a network path mapped to a drive letter?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Sarah G" wrote in message
I have an Access database that I want to use to merge data into Word
documents that I have already set up. The database and the files are
located
in the same file on a server that others can access. The merges have been
working fine for me, since I created them, but they do not work the same
way
for others. When they open a Word merge file and select Yes to run the
corresponding SQL command, they get another message saying the database
connection was lost. Then, they have to go through a whole set of screens
re-establish the connection. And then, sometimes when they click the Mail
Merge Recipients button, an error message appers that says there is no
corresponding data or the connection was lost. I don't see any of this,
and
I don't know how to fix it.