Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default stopping outlook from opening word docs in "reading layout"

In Word 2003, it's Tools | Options | General: "Allow starting in Reading
Layout view."

http://word.mvps.org

"CyberTaz" gtz1@comcastdotnet wrote in message
Which version of Word are you using - it makes a difference & should
always be specified. If 2007 hit the Office Button to Word Options -
Popular, clear the check on: Open email attachments in Full Screen Reading
View. I believe there's a similar Option in Word 2003 but can't remember
exactly where.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Doug5g" wrote in message
I understand that word opens documents in the "view" it was last saved.
If I
receive a doc via outlook it always opens in the Reading pane view.
Since it
always changes the doc to that view I must assume it is a setting. Can
this
be changed?