Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rodger Rodger is offline

Default Word Limitations

Ben,

Thank you . . . .I have a user that has a 12 page document with some graphs
and the file is 110MB. I am looking at it to find out why it is so big.
She has about 8 graphs. I have documents with 20 or so screen shots and
they are only about 500k , , , , ,

Rodger

"Benjamino5" wrote in message
news
I don't know, but I would advise you against creating files anywhere near

32
MB in size--even 10 MB might be pushing it. Large files slow Word down
tremendously and greatly increase the chance of major corruption (since

Word
gets flaky with big files and because all your data is one "basket").

I work for a publisher, and we make workbooks in Word, one chapter per

file.
If it's possible for you to do something similar, I recommend it.

Good luck!
Ben

"Rodger" wrote:

All,

I have a looked on the MS web site and found that Word has a 32MB text

limit
and they make note that it does not apply to images/graphics. Does that
mean there is no limit to the amount of images or graphics you can have

in a
document?

TIA,
Rodger