Default Deleting Office/Word Templates

Understood, but that is not what the OP asked about.

"Robin Barclay" wrote in message
OK - but you can tidy up other templates that you may no longer need.
Robin

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You will not find the latter two as .dot files; they are hardcoded as

part
of the executable. Blank Document represents Normal.dot, but if you

delete
that, Word will just make a new one. Believe me, you are stuck with

these
three templates!

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Robin Barclay" wrote in message
You can delete them if you can locate them - may be in subfolder under
Office, or in your user subfolders. Best way is to open Windows

Explorer
and do a search on "*.dot" files - look in system & hidden as well as

normal
files (i.e. extended search). Once found, select those you want to
delete.
You may want to clean up recently-used record - but as you use existing
templates any mention of previous templates (now non-existant) will
disappear from the file
open/new window in word.

"ADKR" wrote in message
In Word
New - Office Document

I have designed all the templates I want. I would like to get rid of

the
default "Blank", "Web Page", "Email Document".