Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martin, Oldham[_2_] Martin, Oldham[_2_] is offline

Default different formats in first record

Hmmm, maybe I should add that (as you might expect with a directory) I have
put the merged records into a table: so each record produces one row of the
table. Maybe it's unstable tables that are contributing to the problem?

"Martin, Oldham" wrote:

Thanks for that...it produced interesting effects!

Now the contextual text is non-bold throughout (good), but instead the merge
fields are bold: on all records in the "view merged data" view, but only on
the first record when I merge to new document.

All further suggestions still welcome

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

It sounds like the end of paragraph marker ΒΆ might be formatted as bold.

Try using Ctrl+A to select everything in the mail merge main document and
make sure that the embolding of text is turned off.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"Martin, Oldham" Martin, wrote in message
Hi,
I've successfully merged data from excel to make a directory. My problem
is
that when I add some text (prior to merging), for example "Tel:" before my
phone number field, then when I merge to document it appears in bold in
the
first record, but then not bold in the others. If I turn off the bold
formatting prior to merge document then it appears not bold in the first
record, but then bold in the others.

Help!

I'm using word 2003 btw.

.