Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

Default Templates, Custom Controls and Building Blocks

I like the way that custom controls delineate the area to be edited. Since
the custom control titles disappear if you protect for forms I'm using
read-only protection and using exceptions to allow completion of my custom
controls. However, I also like the functionality of the Quick Parts and
other building blocks such as headers, but when you protect a template so
that users can edit the custom controls they can't then use the quick parts,
etc. Since a user might want to apply a slightly different header to a
document they are editing, or add a DRAFT watermark, or pull in a standard
piece of text from a quick part, is there any way to do this while still
protecting the parts of the document, style sets, etc that you don't want
them to tamper with? Any ideas gratefully received.

A Jones