Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default TOC style applied to entire section??

Are you saying that everything in the TOC field is TOC 1 or that other parts
of your document (outside the field) have been tagged as TOC 1?

"Ed" wrote in message
My first time inserting a TOC (Word 2002). I've got the styles defined

and
applied. I've got the TOC field inserted and it looks pretty much okay.
But it looks like when I inserted the field, _everything_ in that section
got tagged with TOC1 style! Is this normal behavior? Or did I do

something
incorrectly?

Ed